On “Fiction Monday” September 19th, 2011 I created a post listing my top ten LGBT focused fiction recommendations for gay and lesbian teenagers. I’ve added those 10 books to this page. As I review additional works of fiction with appeal to teens, I’ll add them to this page.
Recent Queer Teen Book Reviews:
Confessions of a Teenage Hermaphrodite by Lianne Simon. At the time of review, August 27th, 2012, a final cover version had not been picked by the publisher. The book is available for sale from Amazon and other online and offline venues. Please see my August 27th, 2012 post for my review.
Three Cubic Feet, a soon to be released (June 19th, 2012) gay teen fiction novella by Lania Knight. Please see my May 21st, 2012 post for my review. You can read the 1st chapter and pre-order the book from the publisher, Main Street Rag.
On January 30th, 2012 I reviewed the fiction works of author Mark A. Roeder with a focus on his Gay Teen Chronicles series.
Please see the September 19th, Queer Teen Top Ten post for a synopsis of each of the top 10 books mentioned above and pictured below.
1. Vintage: A Ghost Story by Steve Berman.
2. Wrestling with Desire by D. H. Starr
3. Am I Blue?: Coming Out from the Silence edited by Marion Dane Bauer and illustrated by Beck Underwood
4. Thinking Straight by Robin Reardon
5. Bleeding Hearts, 2nd edition (Killian Kendall Mysteries) by Josh Aterovis – This book was previously reviewed on this site.
6. Exiled to Iowa. Send Help. And Couture by Chris O’Guinn.
7. Here, in my Head by Lauren Stone
8. Leave Myself Behind by Bart Yates
9. Morning Rising (Guardian Of Morning) by Samantha Boyette
10. Ash by Malinda Lo